Re: A simpler autoload

On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 10:18:01 +0100 wrote Marko Mahnič <mmarko.dfg@xxxxxxx>:

> Hello!
>
> Here is a short macro that might help when autoloading files.
> You write the filename only once, ant then list all the macros that
> you wish to autoload from it.
>
> Marko
>
> %!% \usage{Void autoload_file (String file, String macro, String macro,
> ...)}
> define autoload_file ()
> {
>    variable file = "", macro = "", nmacros = _NARGS-1;
>    _stk_roll (-(nmacros + 1));
>    file = ();
>    loop (nmacros)
>    {
>       macro = ();
>       autoload (macro, file);
>    }
> }
>
> site.sl might be much simpler with this

There is already the _autoload function, that works with the drawback that
you need to give the number of macros:

 DESCRIPTION
   The `_autoload' function is like the `autoload' function except that
   it takes `n' pairs of function name (`fun') / filename (`fn') pairs.
   For example,

           _autoload ("fun_a", "file_a", "fun_b", "file_b", 2);

The above could be even easier if you stick to the file-last convention:

%!% \usage{Void autoloads(String fun, [String fun[, ...]], String file)}
define autoloads()
{
   variable file = (), fun;
   loop (_NARGS-1)
   {
      fun = ();
      autoload (fun, file);

However, when trying _autoload in my make_ini skript, I got problems:

% the idea to use _autoload and _add_completion did not work:
% a file with 12 global functions triggered a "line len too long" error

Question: how long can a line be, before the "line len too long" error is
triggered?

Milde at ife.et.tu-dresden.de