Re: [0.99-15] Some problems and questions

"John E. Davis" <davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Martin Klaiber <martinkl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> and 0 are nearly the same. It would be best IMHO, if there was a mode
>> available, in which no recentering at all would be done.

> This is not always possible.  For example, suppose that because of the
> system load, the currrent line is many lines out of the window.
> Scrolling one line at a time in such a case would be the wrong thing
> to do.  In addition, it would add additional load on an already loaded
> system.

That's right. A solution could be, to throw away all the additional
line-up/line-down codes in the keybuffer while the screen is not
updated. Or limit their number to (for instance) 20% of the lines on
the screen. Such a buffer is nice to prevent data-loss, especially
for quick typists. But for navigation people need to see what happens
on the screen. Buffering too many keycodes could worse the handling
in such situations, instead of improving it IMHO.

> If you want to go this route, you might try:

Thanks, I will try that out. But today it's too late.

Martin