Re: [0.99-15] Some problems and questions

Martin Klaiber <martinkl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That's right. A solution could be, to throw away all the additional
> line-up/line-down codes in the keybuffer while the screen is not
> updated. Or limit their number to (for instance) 20% of the lines on
> the screen. Such a buffer is nice to prevent data-loss, especially
> for quick typists. But for navigation people need to see what happens
> on the screen. Buffering too many keycodes could worse the handling
> in such situations, instead of improving it IMHO.

This idea is not as good, as I thought first. There might be people,
who type exactly ten times cursor-down without controlling it on the
screen and then start typing their text. If the amount of cursor
keycodes would be limited in the buffer to five for instance, the
following text would be placed in the wrong line.

>> If you want to go this route, you might try:
> Thanks, I will try that out. But today it's too late.

This looks good. The readability is very good, even under heavy load.
So I think I will keep that.

Thanks, Martin