[0.99-15] Some problems and questions

Hi,

I use version 0.99-15 from the actual Debian 3.0.

(a) The Ada-compiler gnatgcc produces line and column-information if
    an error occurs. The column-part always contains a leading zero
    if lower than ten, the line-part doesn't. If this column-part is
    "08" or "09", I get the error-message "S-Lang Error: Syntax
    Error: Unable to convert string to integer" when calling
    compile_parse_errors(). So, here the parsing works alright:

    | dp_screen.adb:7:07: declaration expected

    But here I get the above error-message:

    | dp_screen.adb:7:08: declaration expected
                      ^^
    If I manually remove the leading '0' it's also parsed right.

(b) The following problem is a bit difficult to explain. I'm not even
    sure that it is not meant to be a feature. If I scroll down the
    screen line-by-line, suddenly the content of the screen is moved
    up by a whole page and the cursor position jumps to the top of the
    screen moving down then line-by-line. If I scroll up, the same
    happens in reverse direction. This effect gets stronger, if the
    computer is under heavy load. To me the problem is, that my eye
    loses the lines it was reading and I completely get mixed up about
    my position in the text. Other editors just jerk or delay a bit,
    but the screen doesn't jump. It would be nice, if I could get that
    in jed too.

(c) I would like to have a key bound to a certain function regardless
    of the mode I'm in. So, having for instance F7 on a PC-keyboard
    bound to search_forward() in every mode. Can I do this without
    changing jeds library files? This would be nice on a system, where
    I don't have the rights to change files in /usr.

(d) A similar problem as above for functions: can I locally supersede
    a single function from a library-package? I know that slang is no
    oo-language, but perhaps there is a way although. I want to change
    compile() for instance, so that it always saves my files without
    asking me before. At home I can change acompile.sl of course, but
    not on systems where I'm not admin.

(e) In site.sl there is a gdb-mode mentioned but commented out. Is it
    available from somewhere or does jed support debugging in general?

TIA, Martin