Re: [slang-users] Curious behaviour with SLsmg_set_color and SLsmg_write_string

Remko van der Vossen <wich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> To me this doesn't look like a terminal problem, but a slang problem.

I still believe it is a problem with screen.  The fact remains that
screen sits between slang and the physical terminal and, as far as I
know, presents the same abstract terminal to slang regardless of the
underlying physical terminal.  Pictorially, here is the situation as I
see it:

 SLANG --(screen-specific-escape sequences)-->
          SCREEN --(mlterm-specific escape seqences)--> MLTERM

 SLANG --(screen-specific-escape sequences)-->
          SCREEN --(xterm-specific escape seqences)--> XTERM

You reported that slang+screen works properly for xterm but fails for
mlterm.  I do not understand how slang can be responsible for this
behavior since the escape sequences it sends to screen do not change.
To test this hypothesis, please try this:

   In mlterm do:

      script /tmp/mlterm.log
      /path/to/your/slsmg/code
        (press the keys to produce the problem, then quit)
      exit

   In xterm, do:

      script /tmp/xterm.log
      /path/to/your/slsmg/code
        (press the EXACT same keys as above, then quit)
      exit

Then send me xterm.log and mlterm.log.