Re: [slang-users] Curious behaviour with SLsmg_set_color and SLsmg_write_string

Remko van der Vossen <wich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Judging from the tests with just my test program it would seem to be an
> issue with mlterm and screen, but I have no such problems with
> any n(w)curses based programs that are on the same system... I don't
> know if I have any slang programs that could exhibit the same problems.

I do not think it is a slang problem because when run under screen,
slang knows nothing about the underlying terminal.  Rather it
interacts with screen using the escape sequences that are defined in
the screen-specific terminfo file, which is invariant with respect to
the terminal that screen is using.

It is also possible that your terminfo file for mlterm is incorrect.
Does setting your TERM variable to vt00 prior to running screen make a
difference?  This will cause screen to interact with mlterm as if it
is a vt100.

Finally, if TERMCAP is defined in your screen environment, then unset
it. If it is defined in the environment, slang will use it for the
terminal definition database.