Re: [jed-users] jed.rc only partially working

logikalblog.com

From time to time I mention Jed and other IT things, but this recent post was so I could stop looking around and carrying thumbs.

http://www.logikalsolutions.com/wordpress/information-technology/configuring-jed/

On 03/03/2017 05:55 PM, Jay Belanger wrote:
Do the key bindings not take or do they not work?
I'm not sure what the difference is.
But as well as a terminal, I use xjed with the same results.

An update:  the default Ubuntu 0.99.19 doesn't take keybindings from
my rc file, even if it's in a global hook.  The snapshot version
doesn't take the keybindings if it isn't in a global hook, but it
works if they are in a global hook.
I can't set the status line from the rc file whether it's in a global
hook or not.

I kept losing the command to test things out and forgetting to bring my
.jedrc to new client sites so I finally put up a blog post.
Where is your blog?

You know, if others have tips, snippets, etc. I could make one or more posts
out of all that stuff during some down time. The archive of this list is
basically impossible to search but a few pages in a blog containing either
the most important stuff or the most obscure stuff would at least turn up in
search engines.
That would be helpful.
I intend to glance through the list archive; I'll send you anything
that catches my eye, even thought it will probably be well-known
information to longer-time users than me.

Jay

http://www.logikalblog.com
Oh, there it is.

Roland Hughes, President