[jed-users] jed.rc only partially working

Hi,

Perhaps this is mentioned in the documentation somewhere, but I didn't
see it.
When I try to set keybindings in my .jed/jed.rc or .jedrc file, they
don't take affect.  For example,  if my rc file contains
  enable_top_status_line (0);
  setkey("del","^Cd");
and I start jed, the top status line is gone, but Control-c d doesn't
delete.  If I start jed with
  jed -l ~/.jedrc
(or jed -l ~/.jed/jed.rc)
then the top status bar is gone and now Control-C d deletes.
I've been putting my keybindings in a separate file and loading them
rather than putting them in my rc file, but I'm wondering what is
going on.  I have a similar problem with set_status_line, by the way.

Jay