Re: [jed-users] jed.rc only partially working

Do the key bindings not take or do they not work? The different terminals used in the different YABUs send different keystroke values.

I kept losing the command to test things out and forgetting to bring my .jedrc to new client sites so I finally put up a blog post.

You know, if others have tips, snippets, etc. I could make one or more posts out of all that stuff during some down time. The archive of this list is basically impossible to search but a few pages in a blog containing either the most important stuff or the most obscure stuff would at least turn up in search engines.

On 03/03/2017 04:31 PM, Jay Belanger wrote:

When I try to set keybindings in my .jed/jed.rc or .jedrc file, they
don't take affect.

What version of jed?
0.99.19 :(

This is still the latest version provided by Ubuntu.
In fact, even Debian unstable only has 0.99.19.

I guess 0.99.19 is latest version in the Jed releases directory;
0.99.20 is available as a snapshot, but not officially a release.

I ran into similar (but not identical) problems several years ago.
Thanks for the pointer!  Looks pretty close to me.

I'll compile it myself, then.

Jay

Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions