From: Parke <parke.nexus@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 1:43 PM
Subject: Re: [jed-users] jed.rc only partially working
To: Jay Belanger <jay.p.belanger@xxxxxxxxx>

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 11:47 AM, Jay Belanger <jay.p.belanger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Perhaps this is mentioned in the documentation somewhere, but I didn't
> see it.
> When I try to set keybindings in my .jed/jed.rc or .jedrc file, they
> don't take affect.  For example,  if my rc file contains
>   enable_top_status_line (0);
>   setkey("del","^Cd");
> and I start jed, the top status line is gone, but Control-c d doesn't
> delete.  If I start jed with
>   jed -l ~/.jedrc
> (or jed -l ~/.jed/jed.rc)
> then the top status bar is gone and now Control-C d deletes.
> I've been putting my keybindings in a separate file and loading them
> rather than putting them in my rc file, but I'm wondering what is
> going on.  I have a similar problem with set_status_line, by the way.

What version of jed?

Key bindings may(?) need to be set inside the global_mode_hook function.

In my jed.rc, I can see that I am also calling set_status_line from
inside global_mode_hook.

I ran into similar (but not identical) problems several years ago.

http://lists.jedsoft.org/lists/jed-users/2014/0000008.html

http://lists.jedsoft.org/lists/jed-users/2014/0000011.html

-Parke