Re: [jed-users] jed.rc only partially working

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 3:55 PM, Jay Belanger <jay.p.belanger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> An update:  the default Ubuntu 0.99.19 doesn't take keybindings from
> my rc file, even if it's in a global hook.

I seem to remember that it will work if you run "jed file.txt".

> I can't set the status line from the rc file whether it's in a global
> hook or not.

I believe it works for me.  Perhaps even in 0.99.19.  Here is how I call it.

define global_mode_hook ( hook_name ) {    % ----------------- global_mode_hook
  set_status_line ( "  %b  (%L %m%a%n%o)        %l,%c  ", 1 );
  ;;; }

>> You know, if others have tips, snippets, etc. I could make one or more posts
>> out of all that stuff during some down time. The archive of this list is
>> basically impossible to search but a few pages in a blog containing either
>> the most important stuff or the most obscure stuff would at least turn up in
>> search engines.

Below is an HTML form to search the mailing list archive.  If anyone
wants to publish it, please go ahead.

I have not tested this HTML in several years, but it worked in January of 2014.

If you wanted to do something fancy with JavaScript, you could
probably hide the pre-populated value in the input field.

-Parke

<form action='https://www.google.com/search' method='get'>
the following:<br>
<input name='q' value='site:mailman.jtan.com/pipermail/jed-users-l/ '
  style='width:100%;'>
<input type=submit value='Search'>
</form>