Re: [jed-users] Re: is there a Magic window mode in jed?

On Mon, 18 Apr 2016, Morten Bo Johansen wrote:

Subject: [jed-users] Re: is there a Magic window mode in jed?

On 2016-04-18 R. Stewart Ellis wrote:

Thanks.  I went to the above site and downloaded help.sl and help.hpl.
help.hpl however gave me an html file that contained:

"help.hpl" should have been "help.hlp" so the link points to a

I should have tried a little harder.

non-existing file. Unfortunately there is not much activity in
the jed community, which is really sad, considering what a
wonderful piece of quality software jed is. Jedmodes is dead
and the admins have retired, but you can get the files from:
http://jedmodes.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/jedmodes/mode/hyperhelp/

Is that different from where I was before?

Also, if you use either Debian or Ubuntu, you can install the
"jed-extra" package. It contains this alternative help
interface. That would probably be a much easier route to go.

I am on ubuntu 14.04 and neither hyperhelp.sl nor any of the required
files except view.sl seems to be in /usr/share/jed .  These were
installed from the ubuntu repos and are .99.19.2-1.  Are there separate
debian versions on sourceforge that would incorporate these files?
Also I would like the files that are not in the repos to be somewhere
else in the file system and append that path to the jed path, but HELPv
<TAB> lists all sorts of variables but nothing about paths.

 Morten

  R.Stewart(Stew)Ellis,Ret.Prof.Appl.Soc.Infrmtcs  Kettering University/
  Liberal Studies Dept. ellis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  ()    ___________________
  Flint, MI 48504                            /\   /   _____  ______
  Webmaster emeritus:  www.kettering.edu         /________/ /  /  / /