[jed-users] is there a Magic window mode in jed?

First of all thanks to JED for creating jed and to everyone who has
contributed libs and functions.

I am a user of jove for ~32 years who occasionally uses jed for things
that jove does not do well (or at all), but keep returning to jove for
most everyday text editing such as email or writing notes.  The two main
things that were missing in jed were filter-region (or so I thought) and
what I call magic buffers or windows.  I am seriously considering
committing to jed since it is constantly being improved and has an
active user base while there has not been anything done on the jovehacsk
developers list for ~10 years.

I can't remember what it is actually called in the Jove source.  What I
am talking about is I believe a feature Jonathan Payne borrowed from
Gosling EMACS, which displays most completion lists or help output in a
volatile window that displays over the active buffers and pages with the
space bar until it has all been displayed and then disappears without
opening any new buffers or buffer windows.  The need to actually do
window manipulation after I have gotten the help is a major distraction
and breaks my train of thought frequently.  Since most help functions
move the cursor to the *help* buffer and window I have to at least issue
an other_window command to get back to the buffer I was working in, or I
can issue a delete_window command to give me all of my active buffer
windows without *help*.

That is not too many (maybe not any) additional keystrokes, but old
habits die hard.  If anyone has code that adds this, even if it needs a
little debugging, I would appreciate having it.

--
  R.Stewart(Stew)Ellis,Ret.Prof.Appl.Soc.Infrmtcs  Kettering University/
  Liberal Studies Dept. ellis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  ()    ___________________