[jed-users] Re: is there a Magic window mode in jed?

On 2016-04-18 R. Stewart Ellis wrote:

> Thanks.  I went to the above site and downloaded help.sl and help.hpl.
> help.hpl however gave me an html file that contained:

"help.hpl" should have been "help.hlp" so the link points to a
non-existing file. Unfortunately there is not much activity in
the jed community, which is really sad, considering what a
wonderful piece of quality software jed is. Jedmodes is dead
and the admins have retired, but you can get the files from:
http://jedmodes.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/jedmodes/mode/hyperhelp/

Also, if you use either Debian or Ubuntu, you can install the
"jed-extra" package. It contains this alternative help
interface. That would probably be a much easier route to go.

  Morten