Re: [jed-users] Using jed with par

Martin Klaiber <martinkl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I would like to use the formatting-tool "par" in conjunction with jed.

You can use the filter_region function defined in filter.sl.  To
enable it, add

   require("filter");
   add_completion ("filter_region");

to your .jedrc file.

You can use it as follows: Mark a region of text that you want to
process.  Then, invoke it by entering filter_region at either the M-x
prompt (emacs-mode) or the S-Lang> by using the System->SLang Command
menu item.  This will give you a "Filter command" prompt.  At that
prompt, enter "par".

This will pipe region through the par command and the replace the
region with the output of the command.

If you enter a command that does not exist (par does not exist on my
system) the text in the region will be deleted.  I need to modify that
function to detect this situation.  Expect such an update in the next
jed snapshot.

I hope this helps.