[jed-users] Using jed with par

Hello everybody,

I would like to use the formatting-tool "par" in conjunction with jed.

The man-page (Debian) to par says:

   par is most useful in conjunction with the text-filtering
   features of an editor, such as the ! commands of vi.  You may
   wish to add the following lines to your .exrc file: [...]

Is there a similar way for jed to include par?

I know, we have "ESC q" but it doesn't have the same capabilities as
par does.

BTW: Is it right to say in english: "... as par does"? Or should it
be: "... as par has"? Or just: "... as par"? Or something else?

Thanks a lot!
Martin