Re: [jed-users] Dired fails on directory or file names with spaces?

Tom Culliton <tom.culliton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The problem with the code in dired.sl comes down to the following two lines
> at the end of dired_point:
>
>    eol ();
>    bskip_chars ("^ \n");

Yes, that is correct.  I just pushed an update to the git repository
that avoids the use of ls and dir.  It also encodes any filenames that
contain spaces, newlines, etc.

I have not tested it thoroughly, but it does seem to work on the tests
that I have performed.  I have not tested it at all on VMS/Windows,
and it may require some tweaks on those systems.

Please consider it to be experimental.