Re: [jed-users] Dired fails on directory or file names with spaces?

I'm running on various flavors of Linux.

The conditional code for different OSes makes reading this code cold a bit
hairy, but given that info it's now fairly obvious where the issue is. I
may just be able to tweak the ls options to provide a more unique separator.

I was just writing some shell script the other day where something like
"find -print0 | grep -zZ | xargs -0" was the key to dealing with similar
issues. Maybe the -b option to ls to escape the string, or -D which gives
offsets to the start and end of the names, or -Q to quote the name, ...