[jed-users] Dired fails on directory or file names with spaces?

I did a little poking around in dired.sl looking for obvious issues but
nothing jumped out at me. Maybe it's an issue with parse_filename, or the
underlying slang functions?

As a simple easily reproducible test I created a directory "foo bar baz"
and tried to navigate into it which failed and left the buffer in an ugly
state. Using 'g' it recovers to the parent directory which it apparently
never left (according to bufed).

Any clues or ideas for fixing this would be appreciated.