Re: Trouble with mail_mode (email.sl et al.)

Hello

JW That seems to have something to do with the file name.  The files I'm
JW using have got an .txt extension, and in this case, text mode is
JW automatically selected instead of mail mode.  The code responsible for
JW selecting the proper mode in site.sl seems quite complicated to me.
JW Is there an easy way to override this mode selection for certain files?

There are a couple of things I can think of:

1. put '-*- mail -*-' at the top of files that you want opened with
mail_mode

2. create a new extension ('.email' for example) and add this to site.sl

In site.sl, there should be 2 long lines. One has a list of extensions,
and the other has a corresponding list of modes. Add 'email' (or whatever
extension you choose) to the list of extensions, and add 'mail' to the
list of modes.

If a file site.slc exists, then you may need to byte compile your new
site.sl.

There are probably some other ways of achieving what you want, given the
flexibility of jed.

Swithun.