Re: Configuration problem

My situation was very much like the one Michele was talking about, where a
set of config files which I knew worked with the current stable version,
were suddenly not working with it.

> Hallo Tom,
>
> "Tom Culliton" <culliton@xxxxxx> wrote:
>> I just got burned by this on a new Ubuntu box today.  Really kind of an
>> obnoxious change for the debian folks to make without updating the
>> documentation to match.
>
> Which document do you talk about?

The info pages, which based on John's latest comments may have been my
first mistake. :-/  I did grep for the dotfile names under /usr/share/jed/
but that didn't help directly.

>> It really shouldn't require 45+ minutes of sleuthing through site.sl
>> and such to figure out that there was an overriding defaults.sl that
>> was loading files from /etc/jed.d/ that was preventing my ~/.jedrc from
>
> You can use jed -batch to see what gets loaded.

What gets loaded yes, (assuming it's not wrapped by a if (BATCH == 0){}
block) but it's not so helpful on why something isn't getting loaded.