Re: Configuration problem

I just got burned by this on a new Ubuntu box today.  Really kind of an
obnoxious change for the debian folks to make without updating the
documentation to match.  It really shouldn't require 45+ minutes of
sleuthing through site.sl  and such to figure out that there was an
overriding defaults.sl that was loading files from /etc/jed.d/ that was
preventing my ~/.jedrc from loading because I had a ~/.jed directory.

OBTW - If the debian package maintainer is around, installing jed-extras
breaks the info reader.  Looks like the drop-in replacement for info.sl
isn't really, it barks (and righteously so): "Unable to load
/usr/share/jed/jed-extra/pcre.slc"