Re: problem with non ascii chars in xjed on kubuntu 7.10

G. Milde schrieb:

Please try the new pymode.sl at http://jedmodes.sf.net/mode/pymode/ which does

% 2.1.6 2007-12-05 - implement Jörg Sommer's fix for DFA highlight under UTF-8
%                  - set_highlight_scheme() function and mode menu entry
%                  - Python_Use_DFA custom variable
%                  - cleanup and fix of DFA rules

I am using this version now but still get the wrong chars displayed in python-mode. Somehow my startup-files seam to revert the fixes in pymode.sl
after doing:

M-X disable_dfa_syntax_for_mode("python");
M-X use_syntax_table("python");

the umlauts are displayed correctly.

With pymode.sl >= 2.1.6 you can set the Python_Use_DFA custom variable.
E.g. put in your jed.rc (or other config file)::

  variable Python_Use_DFA = 1;
I have that.

and use the "Mode>Toggle syntax highlight scheme" menu entry to switch between
the schemes.

but that menu-entry is not in the Mode Menu

How can I tracee what setup-files are loaded during jed-startup ?

--
Gruß Joachim