Re: problem with non ascii chars in xjed on kubuntu 7.10

On  1.12.07, Jörg Sommer wrote:
> [...]

Fast fix::

 disable_dfa_syntax_for_mode("python");

> > It does happen, if I do xjed test.py. I am using pymode.sl from the
> > jedmodes csv-repository.

This is an important piece of information. Even better, if you
give the version of the pymode.sl file. Actually, the current
version in the Jedmodes CVS % 2.1.5 2007-06-21 % has the DFA
syntax highlight not enabled for exactly this reason.

> Thank you for being so helpful to provide a list of the steps you did. In
> comments and string, where I expected the problem at first, I couldn't
> reproduce it.

In fact, in (almost) all places where Umlauts (and other
non-ASCII letters) are valid in the Python source, they are
displayed correctly. The exception are multi-line strings like """
hübsch, oder"""
as DFA syntax highlighting is limited to one-line expressions.

> Try this fix

> +   dfa_define_highlight_rule("[^ -~]+", "normal", mode);

Thanks Jörg for this fix. It works (here) and will be part of the next
version of jedmodes.sf.net/mode/pymode/

What does it do exactly?

Could it help to overcome the display problem with Umlauts in other modes
too?

Thanks