Re: problem with non ascii chars in xjed on kubuntu 7.10

On  4.12.07, Joachim Schmitz wrote:
> G. Milde schrieb:

>> To check whether DFA or traditional highlight is used, look at a multi
>> line string like """this is                     an example"""
>> * in tradition highlight, the whole string should be coloured in "string
>>   colour".
> this is not the case
>> * in DFA highlight, the content of the string should be "normal" and only
>>   the """ in "string colour".
> only the third " is in "string color"

Please try the new pymode.sl at http://jedmodes.sf.net/mode/pymode/ which does

% 2.1.6 2007-12-05 - implement Jörg Sommer's fix for DFA highlight under UTF-8
%                  - set_highlight_scheme() function and mode menu entry
%                  - Python_Use_DFA custom variable
%                  - cleanup and fix of DFA rules

>> What happens after an additional M-X use_syntax_table("python") ?
> now everything is correct.

Fine.

> now I have to find out where this is set.

> Where is "HAS_DFA_SYNTAX" defined?

This is set in the Jed C source and tells whether this build of Jed comes
with DFA syntax support (most modern versions do).

With pymode.sl >= 2.1.6 you can set the Python_Use_DFA custom variable.
E.g. put in your jed.rc (or other config file)::

  variable Python_Use_DFA = 1;

and use the "Mode>Toggle syntax highlight scheme" menu entry to switch between
the schemes.

Thanks for reporting

Guenter