Re: problem with non ascii chars in xjed on kubuntu 7.10

On  3.12.07, Joachim Schmitz wrote:
> G. Milde schrieb:

>> Fast fix::
>>   disable_dfa_syntax_for_mode("python");

> that does not fix it.

> I am using the recent version of pymode from cvs:

pymode.sl in version 2.1.5 2007-06-21 from jedmodes should
not exhibit the problem, as the line enabling DFA syntax highlight is
commented out::

  %%% DFA_CACHE_END %%%
  % enable_dfa_syntax_for_mode(mode);
  #endif

To check whether DFA or traditional highlight is used, look at a multi
line string like """this is
                    an example"""

* in tradition highlight, the whole string should be coloured in "string
  colour".
* in DFA highlight, the content of the string should be "normal" and only
  the """ in "string colour".

> I have a debian setup with my settings in /etc/jed.d/10aixtra.sl

> 1. I put

> disable_dfa_syntax_for_mode("python");

> in my python_mode_hook. That gave an error:

Strange. Unfortunately, this is too complex for me to sort it out easily.
Also, it does not throw an error here, if I put

define python_mode_hook()
{
   % ... other settings ...
   disable_dfa_syntax_for_mode("python");
   use_syntax_table("python");
}

in my ~/.jed/jed.rc file.

> I put it at the beginning of 10aixtra.sl that gave no error but had no
> effect either:

This might be due to pymode.sl overwriting your setting when it is loaded.

Also, after a lot of wondering and experimenting, I found that the
(enable|disable)_dfa_syntax_highlight() commands only take effect after a
new call to use_syntax_table().

> I deleted pymode.dfa in my jed/lib

This is important after every change to the dfa highlight rules, i.e.
after applying Jörgs fix (which is the better solution anyway).

> I invoked xjed with two buffers one with a python-file and one with an
> slang-file I can enter the umlauts are displayed correct in the sl-buffer
> and incorrect in the python-buffer.

What happens after an M-X disable_dfa_syntax_for_mode("python"); given
interactive after loading the *.py file?

* Does the colour of a multi-line string change?
* Does the display of an Umlaut change?

What happens after an additional M-X use_syntax_table("python") ?

I hope this helps,