Re: flyspell does work with JLM (Jörg's LaTeX mode)

Hi Jörg,

On Nov 22, 2007 10:15 PM, Jörg Sommer <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Text mode uses the old highlighting while JLM uses DFA highlighting.
> IIRC, flyspell doesn't work with DFA highlighting—IMO, it can't.

I don't think so. For example, I have written a dead-simple mode for
the asymptote language that uses DFA, and it works great with
flyspell. In that mode, the DFA table is called asy, and I use the
following lines from the "asy_mode_hook" function to start flyspell:

    custom_variable("flyspell_syntax_table", "asy");
    define_blocal_var("flyspell_syntax_table", "asy");
    flyspell_mode;

This works like charm...

Of course, I tried the same with your mode - but it doesn't - although
the mode is activated, I cannot see the highlighting of the errors...

Another thing: previously, I was using  Guido Gonzato latex mode. If I
understand correctly, it also uses DFA. And with that mode I had no
problem using flyspell.

Thanks,
Itai.