Re: Jörg's LaTeX mode r100

On  7.05.07, Jörg Sommer wrote:
> Marko Mahnic <marko.mahnic@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > G. Milde wrote:
> >
> >  From the programmers perspective it is better to split a large package
> > into many smaller files even if they are always loaded. The
> > package is easyer to maintain. (imagine jed code in one large C file ...)

> ACK.

> > It would probably also make sense to put larger modes into separate
> > subdirectories of lib.

This is already possible without much effort. All files that are not
meant for general use could go to a directory "latex-jlm/" and be
evaluated with a line like

 () = evalfile("latex_jlm/commands", current_namespace());

in latex.sl. I would leave the main file in separate, so it can be
initialized by the usual

  require("latex");

or

  autoload("latex_mode", "latex");

but this is a matter of taste.

> > #include in slang, but it might be worth considering.

> I second this idea, because I wish :) an included file goes into the same
> (private) namespace as the main file.

This should work also for anonymous namespaces, i.e.

#include <somefile>

would replace the directive by the content of <somefile> (searched along
the jed library path) and proced with the pre-parsing, right?

I second an #include preprocessor directive, as I expect one slc file
will load faster than several ones...