Re: Jörg's LaTeX mode r100

G. Milde wrote:
Why not. I see the point for smaller modules if

* not all code needs to be loaded if the main mode is used (autoloads)
* code can be used from different modes (cmisc.sl etc.)

I see not advantage (from the end-users point of view) if the
"outsourced" files are evaluated at some point during the evaluation of
the main mode.

Hi.
IMO an average end-user will never open files from the library. As long
as the package works, it is all the same for the user if the package
comes in one or many files.

From the programmers perspective it is better to split a large package
into many smaller files even if they are always loaded. The
package is easyer to mantain. (imagine jed code in one large C file ...)

For such cases it would probably be better to #include the files into
the main file instead of evaluating them. In this case there could
be one latex.sl and many latex_*.sli files. It would probably also make
sense to put larger modes into separate subdirectories of lib. On
compilation this would produce only one latex.slc file.

This is just a suggestion since I think there is no such thing as
#include in slang, but it might be worth considering.

Also the jed library is becoming huge. Do you think it would
make sense to organize the files in some sensible subdirecotries?

  lib/
	emulation
	language
	utility