Re: what's problem with ctrl-pgup

On  5.04.06, Lechee.Lai@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello,
>   I've trying assign ctrl-pgup as bob I'm using Gnome-terminal
>   default gnome-terminal ctrl-pgup must "ESC[5;~"
>   I'm assign setkey as "\e[5;~" which not work in jed
>   so I've  setkey("bob","\e[5;");
>   the keybinding can work in jed but extra "5~" is insert in text

This is really strange: I would expect "~" to be inserted in this case.

>   how can I solve this problem

Do some tests first:

 * What is the exact string send by Key_Ctrl_Up in jed?

   You can e.g. try M-x quoted_insert (bound to "`" by default)
   or possibly also Help>Show_Key.

 * What is the value of Key_Ctrl_Up after M-X require("keydefs") ?

   Here on xjed, I have

   String_Type `Key_Ctrl_Up' == "\e[^A"  Undocumented

 * What is wrong with

>  ...  setkey as "\e[5;~" which not work in jed

   do you get an error message?

   Where do you define the setkey() command? (It must be defined first,
   if it shall work in "derived" keymaps for special modes, e.g. if you
   edit a slang file (in SLang mode) and now change a keybinding with
   setkey this will not affect the current keymap but only the "Global"
   one (as e.g. used in *scratch*) and keymaps that will become defined
   from now on.

 * With setkey("bob", "\e[5;~"), what is the effect of a simulated
   keypress via

     M-X buffer_keystring("\e[5;~");

   (in a buffer using the Global keymap)

Guenter