Re: keydefs and edt

On 23.03.06, Marko Mahnic wrote:
> Thei Wijnen wrote:

> >Once more I did some work on keydefs.sl to define platform independant
> >symbolic keynames for the keypad keys and than used these
> >in edt.sl.

> >The files (keydefs.sl edt.sl and edt.hlp) are on my webpage
> >( www.hef.ru.nl/~thei/JED/ )

> I think it would be better to use x-keydefs.sl instead of adding
> KP keys to keydefs.sl. x-keydefs.sl should be included into
> the standard library and in edt.sl
>   require("x-keydefs")
> instead of
>   require("keydefs").

I second Marko's idea.

For now, x-keydefs is used by Marko's brief emulation and Jörg's
latex-jlm mode (both at Jedmodes).

It is recommended by the cua emulation, if it goes into the standard
library, this recommendation could be made into a requirement (solving
the one-press escape key problem for xjed).

Thei, could you please check http://jedmodes.sf.net/mode/x-keydefs/
whether x-keydefs.sl fits your needs? If not, please mail me (and Marko)
your suggestions, so we could try to reach a general agreement.

Guenter

--
Milde ife.et.tu-dresden.de