Re: Searching in jed-B0.99-17.165 (UTF-8)

Jens Wilhelm Wulf <jens_w2@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> What input methods are you trying to use, and what input method server
>> are you using (e.g., scim)?
>
>I do not do anything special as far as an input method is regarded. I
>changed my locale to UTF-8 and can see that other applications
>(unicode-xterm, jed in a unicode-xterm, mozilla, fltk2 demo, fltk-utf8 demo)
>work well. xjed does not. All 'special' characters I try to input are german
>umlauts and characters like that.

How are you inputting such characters?  Did you try "Ctrl-X 8", which
is bound to "digraph_cmd"?  What do you see when you press a key that
generates, e.g., á (a with an accent, obtained using Ctrl-X 8 'a)?
What does

   xjed -l keycode -f keycode

produce for such a key?