Re: Searching in jed-B0.99-17.165 (UTF-8)

Hi John,

> What input methods are you trying to use, and what input method server
> are you using (e.g., scim)?

I do not do anything special as far as an input method is regarded. I
changed my locale to UTF-8 and can see that other applications
(unicode-xterm, jed in a unicode-xterm, mozilla, fltk2 demo, fltk-utf8 demo)
work well. xjed does not. All 'special' characters I try to input are german
umlauts and characters like that.

So with the exception of xjed this does work without setting up an input
method server or tweaking anything. So I think it should be possible that
xjed behaves like that, too.

> How are you involing Xjed and what Xjed resources are you using?
What do you mean by that? Are there some instructions I can execute and send
their output back to you?

> What is the value of your XMODIFIERS environment variable?
It seems unset, echo $XMODIFIERS does show nothing.

How do I have to set ALT_CHAR and META_CHAR? I set
  ALT_CHAR  = 27;
  META_CHAR = -1;
but changing these does not help.

Best regards,