Re: DFA cache tables

On  1.03.06, Tom Frei wrote:
> I use jed v.16 on a linux (slackware 10.2) system with the latex4jed mode.
> So, how do I create the DFA cache table?

See the doc under Help>Browse_Docs>dfa for a comprehensive discussion of
DFA. Here in short:

Background
----------

The DFA syntax table is cached in a file by the command

   dfa_enable_highlight_cache("ch_table.dfa", mode);

which I believe is in the latex.sl already. So, every time latex.sl is
evaluated, it tries to use the cache file and to write it if it doesnot
exist yet.

The question is only, whether Jed can write this file:

 * The destination is determined by concatenation of the cache file
   name with the value of the variable `Jed_Highlight_Cache_Dir'.

 * By default, Jed_Highlight_Cache_Dir == path_concat(JED_ROOT, "lib"),
   so only root can write the cache file.

What can you do:
----------------

Either  run (x)jed as root and open a LaTeX file. -- The dfa table will
be cached in path_concat(JED_ROOT, "lib") and be available for all
users on the system.

Or set in your jed.rc

  Jed_Highlight_Cache_Dir == path_expand("~/.jed/lib/");
  Jed_Highlight_Cache_Path += "," + path_expand("~/.jed/lib/");

(make sure the directory exists).

The libdir.sl mode (http://jedmodes.sf.net/mode/libdir/) automatically
adds new library dirs also to Jed_Highlight_Cache_Path (you still
have to set Jed_Highlight_Cache_Dir).

Milde ife.et.tu-dresden.de