minibuffer and key hooks

Dear Jed users,

recent research into the behaviour of Jed showed, during editing in the
minibuffer, key-hooks (_jed_before_key_hooks, _jed_after_key_hooks) are
not evaluated. (Try wmark.sl or cuamark.sl with e.g. M-x or M-X.)

I suppose this is due to the function call still running so the main
editor loop is not reached.

Is there a way to have the key hooks working in the minibuffer as well?

Related question: is there a hook to modify the behaviour of the
minibuffer? Currently, a (invisible) mark is set to the beginning of the
current line -- I would prefere a visible mark.

Milde ife.et.tu-dresden.de