Re: Proposed new addition to Jed...

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 04:51:19AM -0800, Dave Laird wrote:

[snip]

> Jed now is not only the distinguished text editor of record, it is a fine
> multi-purpose and very powerful text editor for general writing purposes,
> and offers functionality that none of the other Unix/Linux text editors
> have ever or will offer. Thank you to everyone involved in deploying this
> new feature!

David -

Thanks for interesting commentary on Jed and writing.

I'm curious.  What formats do you deliver for publishing.  Plain
text?  Or, do you translate it into something like LaTeX or PDF or
something?  And, if so, how?

I'm using Docutils and reST (reStructuredText) myself
(http://docutils.sourceforge.net/), and I usually tranform it into
HTML.

And, I agree.  As a writer's tool, Jed is great.

- Dave

--
Dave Kuhlman
http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman