Re: Jed problem(s) fixed... issues resolved...

On  8.01.06, Dave Laird wrote:

> As soon as I have a chance, I'm going to see if I can figure out how to
> make dictd (using Moby-Thesaurus), work with Jed with a highlighted word,
> as well, perhaps as a hot key/on key event.

get_word() (from http://jedmodes.sf.net/txtutils/) will return the word at
point (or a visible region) as string.

> For example, sending dict -d moby-thesaurus <word> activates just the
> thesaurus, which returns synonyms for the highlighted word, and waits for
> a keystroke to end. How difficult would it be to put that in an expanding
> buffer, for when there are hundreds of synonyms? <evil grin>

For a start, you could give a try to

variable thesaurus_cmd = "dict -d moby-thesaurus ";
shell_command() % (cmd=thesaurus+get_word(), output_handling=0);

with shell_command() from http://jedmodes.sf.net/ishell/

G.Milde web.de