Re: LaTeX mode problems

Jani Alanko <jpalan@xxxxxx> wrote:
>Composing... (output profile: dvi)sh: line 1: cd:
>/home/jani/Opinnot/Yle-Johdatus: No such file or directory
>I can't find file /home/jani/Opinnot/Yle-Johdatus'.
>
>It seems to stop where the first space is.
[...]
>I provide you the similar kind of screenshot which I sent to Guido, to
>clarify what I mean:
>http://img140.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img140&image=jed3se.jpg

The screen is messed up because of the error messages from dvips or
xdvi.  Redrawing the screen should solve that.

I suspect that fixing the problem would be rather simple and involve
quoting the filename passed to the external program, e.g., instead of

   system (sprintf ("/some/program %s", filename));

use

   system (sprintf ("/some/program '%s'", filename));

I do not have the sources, so I cannot say exactly what the problem
is.

>And there seems to be something that happens with colors (no matter
>what mode): cursor color changes annoyingly.

Try putting, e.g.,

  rxvt*cursorColor: red

in your .Xdefaults file.