LaTeX mode problems

Has anybody else faced problems with directory names containing spaces
when using the LaTeX mode by Guido Gonzato?
When I try to compose the document (I'm using rxvt), I get this error:

Composing... (output profile: dvi)sh: line 1: cd:
/home/jani/Opinnot/Yle-Johdatus: No such file or directory
I can't find file /home/jani/Opinnot/Yle-Johdatus'.

It seems to stop where the first space is.

It also seems that the screen goes "out of sync", lines are in the
wrong place. Menus disappear and when I enter the menus they re-appear
to the top and gaps appear in the text when going though menus.
Lines also seem to disappear and individual character appear in the
wrong line (but in the correct column).

I provide you the similar kind of screenshot which I sent to Guido, to
clarify what I mean:
http://img140.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img140&image=jed3se.jpg

---

And there seems to be something that happens with colors (no matter
what mode): cursor color changes annoyingly.

When I move in the text with arrow keys up or down, it turns to black
(not when moving left or right). Color of the url above is highlighted
as pink and when I changed one character in it, cursor became pink
too. And when I go to top of the buffer and get message "End Of
Buffer", which is brightwhite text on red, cursor turns to brightwhite.
And pressing down again turns it to lightgray (statusbar is
lightgray).

First I thought there was something wrong with my colorscheme, but no
matter what I put in 'cursor' and 'cursorovr', it doesn't quite help. Even
if I put "white", "white" on both, then only change I get trough is
that the curson become white on black instead of black on black so at
least I see the text, even thogh the cursor itself is quite hard to
spot with dark background.

Then I figured that I could be bug in rxvt (I use custom colors defined
in .Xdefaults) and tried xterm but doesn't be quite like that either.
In xterm (black on white), when editing colorscheme, on top oF
"string" (which is blue on white) cursor becomes white on blue, but
when starting xterm with white on black, the cursor is black on
default (black on black, looks like empty char), moving it to once
some direction turns it to white and after that the behavior is just
like in rxvt (except that in rxvt the error messages don't blink).