Re: [OT] Is there a slrn that will work with slang2?

Lloyd Zusman <ljz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>My question: is there a version of slrn that will work with this new
>release of slang?  The slrn tarballs I found on

I passed the development of slrn on to Thomas Shultz several years
ago.  Nevertheless, before I made the first slang2 development
snapshot available, I ported his latest version of slrn to slang2 and
sent him the patches.  He accepted the patches and integrated them in
to his development version of slrn.  I do not know when he intends to
release a new version.  You may want to contact him--- see
www.slrn.org for more information.

>space.mit.edu:/pub/davis/slrn and on Sourceforge wouldn't build with
>this slang-2 library.  Do I have to re-install slang-1.4.9 and
>maintain both sets of slang libaries (slang-1 and slang-2) in order
>to use slrn simultaneously with this new slang-2/jed combination?

You will have to do this if you want to compile against the currently
released versions of slrn.  If so, I recommend that you install the
slang-1 library in e.g., /usr/lib and until the the slang-2 library is
officially released, put it somewhere such as $HOME/lib.