Re: [: JMR problem]

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 01:32:14PM -0500 or thereabouts, John E. Davis wrote:
> Günter Milde <g.milde@xxxxxx> wrote:
> >Theses for a new Jed Modes Repositary
>
> Before the end of the year, I would like to release 0.99-17.  I was
> going to wait until after the first version of slang 2, but the
> schedule for that has slipped.  For jed 0.99-17 I would like to start
> merging some of the more stable modes, etc. from the modes repositary
> into the main jed distribution, particularly if the modes there are
> better than the ones shipped with jed.
>
> So, let me ask you this: What modes (or other functionality) should I
> merge into the main jed distribution?  For example, is cua.sl in the
> modes repositary superior to the one currently distributed with jed?
> If so, then it would be a likely candidate.
>
> Most of the other changes in 0.99-17 involve bug fixes and cosmetic (I
> hope!) internal changes meant for UTF-8 support.  I will probably
> include the patch for line numbering as well.

Sorry for the late reply, but I found a little error in the
visibletabs_and_linenumbers.patch. The line numbering didn't work when
the file is folded.
It seems to me that it stops counting if it reaches a
new fold. Just take a look at the two screenshots I made, which explains
this better than my broken English :-)
http://vico.kleinplanet.de/files/xjed_before_folding.png
http://vico.kleinplanet.de/files/xjed_after_folding.png

I really like this patch, especially when I have to edit files from other
people, but if this is a "show stopper", I wouldn't mind to wait for the
next release.

Greetings from Berlin and a nice Xmas for all Jedders!

Ciao Vincenzo

--
---| http://vico.kleinplanet.de |---