Re: Compiling slang and jed on Windows

John E. Davis wrote:
>> slang and jed using Mingw (http://www.mingw.org/), but I got a compile
>> error almost immediately.

> What error do you see?  How are you building the Makefile?

I'm pretty sure the error was identical to one I got while trying to
compile jed 0.99-16 against slang 1.4.9:

copy slconfig.h config.h
process_begin: CreateProcess((null), copy slconfig.h config.h, ...)
failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
mingw32-make: *** [config.h] Error 2

This is because, in contrast to what changes.txt (2nd note under
"Changes since 1.4.6") says, Makefile generated for MinGW
(mkmake WIN32 MINGW32 < makefile.all > Makefile ) still uses "copy"
instead of "cp":

# This Makefile is for the MINGW32 environment
CC = gcc
CFLAGS += -DWIN32 -W -Wall -O2 -fno-strength-reduce
RM = rm
TOUCH = touch
#COPY = cp
COPY = copy
#}}}

HTH

Hubert Dołęga

--
Reklama: Inteligo to dostęp do nowoczesnych sposobów zarządzania finansami.
Wielokrotnie nagradzane - jest gwarancją bankowości na najwyższym