Re: X selection and KDE

Tom Culliton <culliton@xxxxxx> wrote:
>The problem is definitely NOT slang.  If I run jed in a konsole window I
>can cut and paste to my hearts content.  It's only when jed is feeding
>the X clipboard that there seems to be an issue.

When you say "jed", do you mean Xjed or jed running in, e.g., xterm?
If it is the latter, then keep in mind that ther terminal handles the
underlying cut/paste protocol.  jed (not Xjed) itself has nothing to
do with cutting and pasting in X.

FWIW, Xjed sends the selected data using the XCompoundTextStyle.
Perhaps kde apps cannot handle this encoding.  Since I do not use KDE,
I am not in a position to verify that, nor to develop a work-around.

Finally, what version of X are you using?  For example, version 4.0.2
added support for UTF-8 <--> Compound Text.