Pasting in KDE Was: CUA mode - good!

On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 12:51:18PM +0200, Frank v Waveren wrote:
> On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 12:06:37PM +0200, G?nter Milde wrote:

[snip]

> > Also on a Linux Desktop it makes jed integrate almost fine.
> > (Unfortunately, KDE will not take the X-selection from jed, but this is
> > another issue)
> And not juse KDE apps, all QT applications. There's been plenty of
> discussion about this here but afaik no fix has been found yet.
>
> Anybody? *Please*?

I do not seem to have this problem.  But, sometimes I do have to
click on the Klipper - Clipboard Tool icon on my KDE panel and
select the current thing to be pasted, even though it already seems
selected.  Doing a Ctrl-C in the KDE app seems to overcome this
need.

Maybe you could tell me of a specific application where this is a
problem and how to reproduce it.  I tried pasting:

  (1) from Jed into the Konqueror address/location field

  (2) from the Konqueror address/location field into jed

  (3) from jed into Kate (text editor)

  (4) from Kate into jed.

All of the above worked.  Am I not understanding the problem.

I use Shift-Insert or the middle mouse button to do the paste.

I'm using Libranet Debian GNU/Linux with KDE 3.0.3.

  - Dave

--
Dave Kuhlman
dkuhlman@xxxxxxxx