Re: New CUA mode

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 12:56:27PM -0400, John E. Davis wrote:

> ...  Another package that I want to add is a
> mode for editing emails.  I know that there are some modes floating
> around, but IMO need to be cleaned up a bit before being included in
> the main distribution.  Do you know which particular mail-mode should
> be considered?

Not really, but I have an idea for handling quoted text: how about using the
comments.sl functions for quoting and dequoting by
  set_comment_info("> ", "", flags);
in mail_mode()?

In order to do this, routines to reformat a quoted text should be
incorporated (as reformat_comment) into comments.sl. I'd volunteer for this,
if there is a chance this gets into the distribution one day...

> Also, the next jed release will most likely be one that supports
> unicode via slang 2.  Since a fair bit of the underlying C code has
> changed, I am somewhat reluctant to release it as jed-0.99-17.

How about documenting and release as jed-1.00 :-) ?

Actually, what I am still missing is online-documentation for the slang
keywords. While many/most of the functions documentation is accessible via
jed's help system, I still have to look into "A guide to the SLang language"
if I want to find out the correct syntax for "switch/case", say. Could this
be merged into the _slang_doc_dir?

Milde at ife.et.tu-dresden.de