Re: New CUA mode

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 11:51:41AM +0200, Guenter Milde wrote:
> Actually, what I am still missing is online-documentation for the slang
> keywords. While many/most of the functions documentation is accessible via
> jed's help system, I still have to look into "A guide to the SLang language"
> if I want to find out the correct syntax for "switch/case", say. Could this
> be merged into the _slang_doc_dir?
You could write a function that opens slang.txt and regexp searches for
sprintf("^  [1-9][0-9.]*. .*%s", word).
Or, to speed it up, create an index using occur(), and write a function to
search through that and jump to the line pointed to, "," would jump to the
next match like in my improved info mode (coming soon).
Would it be possible to index, say, the LDP HOWTOs with ctags?