Re: New CUA mode

Günter Milde <milde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>How about documenting and release as jed-1.00 :-) ?

Releasing it as 1.0 would be easy.  Documenting it is another matter.

>Actually, what I am still missing is online-documentation for the slang
>keywords. While many/most of the functions documentation is accessible via
>jed's help system, I still have to look into "A guide to the SLang language"
>if I want to find out the correct syntax for "switch/case", say. Could this
>be merged into the _slang_doc_dir?

This is definitely something that needs to be explored further.  Right
now, \function{} and \variable{} are used for documenting function and
variables.  However, I would like to see \datatype{} for documenting
datatypes, e.g.,

   \datatype{Assoc_Type}
   \description
       .
       .
     When used in a \keyword{foreach} statement, it uses one of the
     following \keyword{using} forms:

          using ("keys")
          using ("values")
          using ("keys", values)

        .
        .
     When an instance of this type is dereferced with the dereference
     operator @ it returns a copy of the instance, e.g.,

           a = Assoc_Type;
           b = @a;  % b is a copy of a.
        .