A small and a large window on startup

Hi,

in certain situations I want jed to start with a particular appearance.
This is: a small window at the top and a large for the rest.

What I do now is, press three times Ctrl-X-2 to split windows (while
cursor is at the top), press Ctrl-O and press two times Ctrl-0.

This works but is a bit annoying, is there a way to tell jed to start
with this (or a similar) configuration?

Thanks a lot,
Martin