Re: A small and a large window on startup

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 13:22:20 +0100 wrote Martin Klaiber <martinkl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi,
>
> in certain situations I want jed to start with a particular appearance.
> This is: a small window at the top and a large for the rest.
>
> What I do now is, press three times Ctrl-X-2 to split windows (while
> cursor is at the top), press Ctrl-O and press two times Ctrl-0.
>
> This works but is a bit annoying, is there a way to tell jed to start
> with this (or a similar) configuration?

1. you can save your keypresses to a macro and bind this to a key
2. you can bind a sequence of commands to a key
3. you can write your own slang-functin and
   a) bind it to a key
   b) use a skript to start jed with that function

* Use Help>Show_Key to find out what functions to use.
* Use Help>Describe_Function to find out more about the function.
* you can define new functions in the .jedrc/jed.rc startup configuration file
  (once you really start writing your own helpers you might want to save
  them to separate files (the jed modes, see the jed-modes repository for
  examples)
* you can start jed with jed -f "some_function" where some_function may also
  be your homebrewed one.

Hope this helps

Milde at ife.et.tu-dresden.de