Re: po_mode for review.

Guenter Milde <milde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

GM> On Sun, 19 Jan 2003 17:06:46 +0100 wrote Morten Bo Johansen <mojo@xxxxxxxx>:

GM> Unfortunately I have too little experience with po file
GM> to really test it.  Maybe it is relatet to not really
GM> installing: after evaluating the po.sl file and opening
GM> test.po all came out nice and colorfull. When I pressed
GM> enter, an *po-edit* buffer opened (nice) and the content of
GM> the test.po buffer vanished (not nice).

It is supposed to place the original msgid string in the
top window and the *po_edit* buffer where you type in your
translation in the bottom window. (Once you have typed in your
translation you leave this buffer with TAB to have it merged into
the original po-file.) If this is what you mean that the original
buffer vanished then it is intended behaviour ;-) If everything
vanished then something is obviously faulty.  However, it seems
to work here with all strings in test.po.

GM> After closing the po-buffer, some po-functionality remained
GM> (questions whether to save headers...) when closing jed.

Thanks for pointing it out. I had this line in the po_mode
definition:

  add_to_hook ("_jed_save_buffer_before_hooks", &set_date_on_exit);

where 'set_date_on_exit' first called a function that checked if
a po-header is present and then prompts the user if the revision
date should be set. I thought that it would only be called while
in po_mode but apparently not so. What should I do attain that?

GM> I have a very basic support for the "ding" german-english
GM> dictionary as an ongoing project.

[...]

Thanks, I will take a look at this.

Thanks for your comments.